Let me tell you : pork & almond milk is a WINNING combination!
One of the great pro's when you have Nut & Co almond milk in your fridge is its versatility and adaptability.
Do you have a recipe that calls for dairy milk, but want to skip it from the ingredients? Throw in some Straight Nut or Creamy Nut instead, sit back, and be thrilled with the results!
Pork Chops in an Almond Milk and Dijon Sauce
1) Preheat your oven to 200'C
2) Wash and pat dry your chosen cut of pork. Mix together the cumin, paprika, salt & pepper, then use to season both sides of the pork.
3) Take a oven proof pan and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter on medium high heat. Sear both sides of your pork golden, roughly 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
4) In the same pan, over a slightly lower medium heat, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and add the garlic and cook until fragrant (around 1 minute). Then add the bay leaf, Almond Milk, thyme, dijon and lemon zest, stirring to combine. Bring the liquid to a low simmer, then taste and season as you wish.
5) Return the pork to the pan with the sauce, cover with a lid, and place into the oven for 25 - 30 minutes. Check to see that the pork is cooked to your likeness before removing from the oven.
6) Serve, along with some boiled new potatoes, being sure to generously coat the pork in the delicious Almond Milk & Dijon sauce.